Bringing a Farmers' Market right into the school! Great idea to get kids to think about shopping fresh and local.
Maureen Nuzzo, Food Service Director at Kathleen E. Goodwin School in Old Saybrook, CT participated in the "Start with Half a Cup's USDA Grant program by creating an in-house Farmers' Market.
Each grade has a turn at visiting the in-school farmers'
market, make selections, and bring them home.
They fill out a questionnaire (in English or Spanish) and bring them back to school.
A complete Toolkit is listed below for you to replicate this program using your own school's information and schedule.
Download the toolkit
- The Farmers' Market Toolkit
- Farmers Market / Letter To Parents
- Farmers Market / Staff Information Sheet
- Farmers Market Sign
- Farmers Market Questionnaire English
- Farmers Market Questionnaire Spanish
- Reminder to Return Survey